Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lava

Took the fam to Lava on Friday. After hours at the pool, we spent the late afternoon floating the Portneuf River. I'm sure I have giardia from my involuntary ingestion of river water, but hey, what's a little diarrhea? I could use the loss of some water weight.

This is Sam dropping off of one of the diving platforms. He was planning on performing a cutaway with tuck or pike, but at the last minute he opted for the Samalama (rhymes with Dalai Lama) signature layout. All that was really missing was the flowing saffron robes.


4 comments:

Diana said...

Is this the platform that you have to wave all your rights before they let you on? I wish I could see it slo-mo.

Chefwife said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe I'll try to convince Chris to take us up there. :)

Hope your kids are having a good summer. Tell them hello from us.

Jim said...

Yes, we did have to sign extensive legal documentation in order for the kids to go off the diving platforms. It's ridiculous. I'll tell you what really requires a waiver. The pasty 40 something guy wearing only a black Speedo and bright orange crocs. It was very traumatic. I've been known to embarrass my children, but nothing close to this.

The clip is very short, and grainy, but it's the best I could do with the CrackBerry phone. Sam had already left the platform when I started recording.

Diana said...

I didn't know you owned a speedo