Monday, July 14, 2008

The Adventures of an Assasination Vacation ala Shakespeare


Step aside Bradys. I have just returned from a 2 1/2 day trip to The Utah Shakespearean Festival. (I attended with Jan and Bonnie) Unfortunately you won't get an intelligent and insightful review of the plays we saw. The first reason being that Nancy wasn't there. But it was satisfying to spend time with my other sisters and laugh and marvel anew at how funny we think we are.
Highlights of the trip (for me) include food poisoning, acquired at the Garden House Restaurant, (Otherwise, I highly recommend it) Next, Fred Adams, founder of the festival, approaching Jan with, "How are you? It's so good to see you again." (This put her way ahead in the How Many People Do You Know Game--you get extra points if they recognize you, even mistakenly) And lastly, watching Cyrano de Bergerac through a low blood sugar queasy haze and still realizing it to be one of the greatest stories ever told. (Bonnie cried)
In other news: I borrowed Bryce's copy of Assasination Vacation from Jim (thanks Bryce) and am enjoying that read. Bryce's copy comes with an additional perc in that previous readers have left in ticket stubs as book marks so I feel a certain sense of community as I reinsert Larry Criddle's flight pass. Not to worry, I didn't read this book during the aforementioned gastrointestional disturbance. (There's that potty humor you've been waiting for Jim)
Bonnie bought me a copy of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn that I have finally begun. I'm only about 30 pages in. So far I'm feeling like maybe I'm not such a bad parent. I look forward to participating in the Book Club Thread.
You HAVE to check out Baron and Donette's new blog CINEMABON. Jan and I need them to help us set up one where we review historical [fancy pants] movies. Instead of Cinnamon Buns, we would like to use breeches.

1 comment:

Donette said...

So the founder of the festival thought Jan was someone else or did he know her? Sounds like a very fun trip you had with your sisters. Thanks for checking out our movie review site. Next up this week is "Penelope" with Christina Ricci. I agree about the parent comment in regards to the book. Life was just hard back then. Huck was so badly treated but kept a relatively positive outlook. Oops, I should keep my comments to the thread.