Friday, June 27, 2008

Elder Neal A. Maxwell...

I don't mean to get all churchy and spiritual, but I was thinking last night of my favorite ever General Conference talk, it was truly a fine thing. I was serving in Taylor, TX during the October 2001 conference. Elder Maxwell was always one of my favorites. I enjoyed his spirit, his eloquence in speaking, and that he challenged me to listen.

Well the talk was entitled "The Seventh Commandment: A Shield." I printed it off last to night to see if it was really as good as I remember. I thought it was even better! Even if we don't have issues with chastity, this talk still applies. It is elegant and filled with the spirit. I recommend each of you take the time to click on the link I've provided and read it for yourself, even share it with someone you love. I feel so uplifted from reading this talk last night.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Hey, Jaime, you can get all churchy on me anytime. I too have always admired Elder Maxwell's ability to express truth. I also like it when you and Richard talk about the atonement. Diana

Bryce said...

I miss Elder Maxwell. He was certainly one of the most educated and spiritual men among the General Authorities. His talks and books require a fair amount of concentration to read and understand due to his use of complex language.