Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Hobby - Photography.



By Jon Marrelli


Today I received my copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2, which is a photo organizing and editing software.

I am very excited about this. As most of you know, photography has become a big hobby of mine recently. I have been having a lot of fun taking pictures, which I generally upload to my Flickr account. (see top right corner of the blog for a sample from it.) Moving forward, Lightroom will let me organize much better, and my Flickr feed will be more of a showcase for my best efforts. Right now it is kind of a catch all for my photos. 

Tonight I was able to use Lightroom to take two "okay" photos and turn them into something a bit better. I just wanted to share these, as I'm really excited about getting a little bit better at photography.

This has gotten me wondering what everyone likes to do for a hobby or for fun. Please post about what you have a passion for, and interest in, or just have fun doing. 


3 comments:

Chefwife said...

I love this photo of the fireworks! Very cool!

Bonnie said...

I love people portraits! You've managed to capture Abby perfectly. Where was that photo taken?

Jon said...

Thats up in Morgan, in a field close to a west side of the town. I'm not really sure exactly. We were out doing some landscape shots and I took one of Abby. I like that shot a lot.