Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween


By Jon Marrelli

Happy Halloween everybody. I am posting this quickly as I get ready to leave work.  My place of business (Datamark) goes all out for Halloween. I have posted a number of photos to my flikr account.

I really enjoy Halloween. It is a chance to dress up, assume a persona and be a hero, a villain, a clown or a king for a day. Most of us don't get a chance to be a lot of different things in our lives, and Halloween is a great chance to vicariously be another person.

For example, today I got to steal a golden idol and out run a giant boulder.


So my question to everyone is: who do you want to be today? (Great, now I'm going to have Oingo Boingo stuck in my head all day.)

But seriously, I have always wanted to be a hero, and defeat the bad guy and rescue the damsel in distress. And capes. I like to wear capes. Halloween is a day where that is not considered an "employment liability."

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Halloween.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Yes, I think you slept in a cape when you were little. Loved the pictures!

Bonnie said...

I've always wanted to dress up in an elaborate "Queen Elizabeth" costume and say things like, "We are not amused."
I love it that you are a man not afraid to wear a costume. You make a very convincing Indiana. (Is that a gold Mr. Potato Head?)

Bryce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryce said...

Jon,

Great post and pics! Thanks for your regular contributions. They make "Jaydines Finer Things" fun to read.

I get to dress in costume every work day, which these days is about 6 out of 7 days a week. Takes all of the guess work out of wondering what to wear today.